What is a Casement Window?
A casement window also referred to as a crank-out window has a single sash that opens outward on a vertical axis by rotating a crank that is attached to the sash with heavy-duty hinges. The hinges can open the sash to a full 90 degrees allowing for easy cleaning from inside the home. A multipoint locking system closes the unit tightly from a single lever. Casements may be joined together into double, triple, or quadruple units.
Casement Window Features
- Multi-chambered 3-1/4 inch vinyl frames
- Fusion-welded vinyl sashes and mainframes
- Sash opens to a full 90 degrees for easy cleaning and to meet egress code requirements
- Heavy-duty foldable crank and hinge operating hardware
- Multi-point locking system with easy single-level operation
- Warm edge spacer system
- Meets Energy Star requirements when purchased with LowE/Argon
- Transferable Lifetime Warranty