What is a French Door?
French doors are types of patio doors that is hinged on the side and swing open and closed. Also known as a hinged patio door, French doors got their name after first appearing in France. French patio doors allow an abundance of natural light into your home and typically feature stylish grilles.
What French Doors are Available at The Window Source?
Window Source offers an extensive collection of French doors available. While the traditional French door was made to open on both sides, giving the room an open and inviting feel, newer models have the same idea, but less exposure to the outside.
One type of French patio door is a four-panel sliding patio door. This type of French patio door has fixed panels on the left and right sides, and the two doors in the middle slide outwards towards the fixed panel. A French patio door gives you the look and feel of a sliding patio door parting in the middle.
French Door Features
- Multi-chambered vinyl frames
- Fusion-welded sashes
- Full vertical heavy-gauge steel reinforcement in sash frames
- Tempered safety glass in all panes
- Warm edge spacer system
- Meets Energy Star requirements with LowE/Argon glass optional upgrade
- Over-sized tandem skids provide easy gliding operation (Sliding French doors)
- Dual point opposing hook locking mortise
- Optional dual-point lock and/or our optional foot bolt lock
- Transferable Lifetime Warranty